INTERESTING THINGS ABOUT DAVID MATTERA
• Worked on a pineapple farm in Costa Rica. Got water poisoning.
• Got former, and now disgraced, Virginia Governor Bob McDonnell to wish my mom a happy birthday at the governor's mansion.
• Was in the Spielberg movie, Lincoln. I played a writer before I was a writer.
• Once gave a speech to my entire 5th grade class for elementary school graduation and claimed my nickname was "Chili." No one ever called me that.
• I took a summer off from my job in politics to teach a home brewing class, make deck furniture, and carve pipes out of sticks I found.
Pereira O'Dell. New York Senior Copywriter. 2017-pres
MINI, Jet.com, realtor.com, Timberland, European Wax Center, Memorial Sloan Kettering, Fox Sports, American Museum of Natural History
Grey. New York Freelance Copywriter. 2016-2017
EnergyBBDO. Chicago Copywriter. 2014-2016.
Bud Light, Orbit, 5 Gum, Lay’s, Bayer Aspirin, Aleve, Raid, OFF!, Windex, King’s Hawaiian, Quaker, Pearle Vision, Flintstones, One-A-Day, Dr. Scholls
Political Stuff. Richmond 2008-2013.
Chief of Staff/Speechwriter for a VA State Delegate
Silver Effie – Pearle Vision
One Show Young Ones - Save the Arts — finalist
4As – Institute for Advanced Advertising Studies (IAAS) participant
Perfect Attendance - Clover Hill High School - Junior year
Chicago Portfolio School
Virginia Commonwealth University
Political Science. Italian.
And finally, here’s me in high school.